See the following topics for trouble shooting help.
Repairing a Corrupt User Settings File
- Close DDUtil
- Open the DDUtil Install directory (usually C:\DDUtil)
- Execute (double-click) the file DeleteUserConfig.bat
- Start DDUtil
If you have a KNOWN good Backup file saved.
- Open the Options Menu
- Select Restore User Settings
If you have a Profile saved.
- Open the Options menu and select Profile Recall
- Select the profile you saved and press OK.
DDUtil is Non-Responsive
The following symptoms are indicative of the Performance Counter Library being corrupted
- The PSDR CPU Usage % indicator is missing
- The Flex Control stops working when DDUtil is started.
- DDUtil RCP Client commands are failing.
- Note: This is a very obscure problem and can be difficult to diagnose sometimes.
Follow these steps to repair the Performance Counter Library.
- Click the Start icon at the lower left on the desk top
- Type cmd in the Search box.
- In the pop-up window under Programs right-click cmd.exe, and select Run as administrator.
- At the prompt, type lodctr /R and press [ENTER].
- Note: the R is a capital letter
You should see the following message if the process was successful.
"Info: Successfully rebuilt performance counter setting from system backup"
Find a Window that is Off-Screen
- USe Alt + Tab keys to select the window not visible.
- Hold down Alt + Spacebar.
- Press the M key.
- Use the arrow keys to relocate the window.
- Press the Enter key when you have the Window in the desired location.
Turn Off Disk Defragmenter
This applies to SSD (Solid State Drive) users.
Defraging an SSD when DDUtil is running can cause DDUtil to become unresponsive requiring a PC reboot to correct.
Note: SSD's should never be defraged due to life-span issues.
To disable the automatic running of Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7 follow these steps.
- Open the Start menu (Windows key)
- Select All Programs
- Select Accessories
- Select System Tools
- Select Disk Defragmenter
- Press the Turn On Schedule button
- Un-check the Run on a schedule check box
- Press OK